Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rapoet's 2010 Playlist Wk #1

I'm going to do U a favor. For those who don't know I've been a DJ for over 10 years. Not the kind that juggles, scratches, and so forth (although I'm pretty good at changing pitches and matching tempos). I'm the kind that digs for good music every where. Open mics. Commercial radio. Obscure underground websites. And everywhere in between. The kind that has to rip open the packaging, and test it out before I judge it.

So like I said, I'm going to do U a favor. I'm going to give U a list of 3 songs that you can listen to right now with the same computer U R using to read my blog.

1. "Life Is Better"

2. "A Star Is Born"

3. "Day in the Life" (at 18:00)


Which of these songs is your favorite?


Any artists that want to be on my next playlist can put a video on youtube and post the link on either this blog or my main comments page. If you're not an artist, but you want to post a link to one of your new favorite songs, that's cool too.

HOWTOBEANMC #20,100,107: Most people think of a playlist as a list of songs played in a certain order, but in the music business... the most important playlist is a list of a DJ's top played songs of the week. DJs report their top 10 most played songs to magazines that put them all together to find the national top 10 songs of a genre. When I first started DJing at a pirate radio station in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, I played whatever I wanted and free styled on the air with my friends, most of whom were unsigned artists. Later on, when I became a Music Director of an FM radio station, I reported the station's top 10 to magazines like CMJ and Thembisa Mshaka at Gavin. By the way, the most reputable top 10 reporter in Hip-Hop right now would probably be RapAttackLives

No comments:

Post a Comment