Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Wishes for YOU

To me, the holiday spirit is about more than wanting new things. It's about appreciating what's already here and holding it a little bit closer than usual. My New Year's resolutions don't call for me to be a different person, or replace the people around me. My resolutions are about celebrating what I've already been given by continuing to share my gift, but reaching more people than ever.

Since I've been a full time Hip-Hop artist (MC), you've shown love by coming to shows, rocking my limited kicks and shirts, buzzing about the Manhattan Night album, and referring my rapOetry (positive self expression) workshops to budding artists at various schools.

Thanks to you, I am now poised to:
  • release more inspiring kicks and shirts
  • perform at major venues with legendary MCs
  • get major distribution for my first solo record
  • reach more youth than ever through rapOetry workshops

In order to do this, I'm taking on 4 major challenges - with your help - proving the masses (at least a significant number) are ready to support a new Hip-Hop artist radiating respect for self, family, and others.
The FIRST CHALLENGE BEGINS NOW!
It consists of the following 3 steps:



1. Whenever you're at a Hip-Hop event, tell the promoter that Self Suffice the RapOet is available for bookings. I do performances with or without a band, as well as workshops and lectures that share my expertise in MCing. Post your college's name in my blog comments, so I can help you figure out how to bring me there.

2. Prove I'm ready for a KickStarter campaign by helping me raise $5000 by February 2011. All that takes is you and 499 other suppporters donating $10. Of course...
if you donate $50 or $500, we can get this show on the road a lot faster :)

On the donation page, write either shows, music, videos, kicks, shirts, or workshops where it says "Display Name" so I know what you want me to focus on most for the KickStarter campaign. If you don't have a preference, you can just type your name or a website you want people to see.
Here's
the donation page.


3. Let the industry know you support self-respecting Hip-Hop artists by
  • A. posting a review of my latest release with Mez (J Cole, Dreamville), and Young Cee (Little Brother, 50 Cent) on Amazon.com here
  • B. liking my facebook page here
  • C. becoming an official fan here or here
  • D. following my blog here or here
  • E. and friending me on twitter.com/rapoet

If we can (1) have a large number of people buzzing about my live appearances (2) raise $5000 by February 2011 and (3) show significant support through Amazon reviews, FB likes, music fans, blog followers, and twitter friends by February 2011...

I will be able to enter the 2nd CHALLENGE, and most importantly...
I will be able to keep sharing this gift of provocative Hip-Hop lyricism! No matter what happens, I sincerely appreciate all the love you have shown me. My holiday wish is that I will raise enough money to continue representing the Best of Hip-Hop Culture, and make the legendary MCs who came before me proud
...with or without a record deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment