Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Manhattanites Mez & Self Suffice Most Added!


Peace Yall! Alot of good news (too much too post really)!

Right now I'm on my way to rock at the Hip-Hop Seasons Festival, you can see more about that on the Readnex Poetry Squad blog http://daybeforesoundtour.blogspot.com/

but...

I definitely gotta take a minute to THANK ALL THE DJS and STATIONS and Hip-Hop fans, as well as people who just like inspiring music in general who've been bumping the new "Manhattan Night" album. This is my first time releasing and promoting an album (even though I've been getting featured and rocking crowds for a while), and I'm really grateful to start out this way.


The GOOD NEWS:


"Come On In" from "Manhattan Night"
(Self Suffice and Mez produced by Young Cee) was in...
the top 5 most added songs on RapAttackLives !
and the top 2 most added songs on RapNetwork Record Breakers !

Also, "Let it Go" from the "LP3020" mixtape
(J. Cole, SYOR, Mez directed the engineering) has been...
getting props on many Hip-Hop blogs including 2DopeBoyz

SYOR is an animated electro-rock-hip-hop group with comic books and all that :) released through J. Coles new Dreamville label


Here are some quotables from "Come On In" and "Let it Go"

"Take my time, and yours, for everything's a season/
but you forgot the reason for yours, so I'm seizin'/
the Fall, Winter, Summer, Spring on y'all MCs - man!/
we already DOIN, while you stand there THINKIN"
- Self Suffice

"Couldn't picked a better flight though, cuz ain't nobody barely on it/
I guess them otha [brothaz] didn't want it like I want it/
- and if they DID, man I guess they scared to fly/
Nobody TOLD 'em they could do it, so they scared to try/
A couple people sittin' first class - I can't hate/
when you make it, I make it, we goin' to the same PLACE
- J. Cole

"We all connected, only difference is perspective/
'killin' me's to kill the next man, tell me is that your objective?/
- if it is, then go ahead and pull the trigger/
I guess you quick to draw, but don't get the BIGGER PICTURE
- Kid.Digit-O

"heard, 'Maza, you done changed up!' and I don't know
what to tell 'em, cause the me from just a year ago's a stranger/
lookin' in the mirror seein' traces of that kid I use to be,
and the new me - ain't even tryin' ta claim ya/
Use to sprintin laps, ending where I started at/
I was caught up in that trap, now I don't want NO PART of THAT

- Maza

No comments:

Post a Comment