Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Arts at CT Biz Expo in 5 Days! (PHOTOS)

Here are some photos to illustrate the the 2nd of 5
Success Secrets of Business Rock Stars


RapOet at Hot 93.7 with Zee Santiago, DJ Buck & Nancy

I met Zee while featuring at a showcase followed by an open mic. Instead of Leaving after my performance, I PAID ATTENTION to the open mic artists, noticed Zee's talent, and told him he stood out (Ironic that 2 years later Zee brought me to an event where KRS-1 noticed my talent).


RapOet passing the mic to Haben and Ashlei at Album Release

I noticed that Haben and Ashlei complemented my performance and bought my album, when they were helping organize the International Hip-Hop Festival where I was performing. I noticed that both of them were extremely powerful singers, invited them to join me on stage at the festival, and both have performed with me several times since then.


RapOet and C. PAiNt on set of Klokwize music video

I met Corey when he complemented my live performance and gave me a free T-shirt. I noticed how amazing his art was and gave him a free CD. We've been collaborating on shows and merchandise ever since.


RapOet with Undakova, Margaux, Rich, XY, Zee, Kemet, G Dot, Zee, Klokwize, Infinite, Sagacity

When I started promoting my live album release, I was honored to find out that the City's Office of Cultural Affairs loved what I was doing so much they would be sponsoring the whole event. I appreciated that the live musicans had all agreed to perform for free... which is exactly why I made sure they all got paid when I did. I was also flattered that my favorite upcoming MCs had travelled from far away to see the show, so I made sure they all got to share the spotlight with me.


RapOet with Angel Hernandez & Jeru the Damaja

When I came off stage at Webster Hall (NYC's largest nightclub), Angel asked for a photo. She was cool so I agreed. While looking at the camera, I NOTICED that Jeru the Damaja (one of my favorite MCs) was the dude taking the picture for her! I asked Angel to take a photo for me, and chatted with both of them for a minute... humbled to know that Jeru enjoyed my set and Angel is a gifted photographer on top of being a rising fashion model.

I've got too many photos to post on this blog, but "Suffice it to say" almost every relationship I have (and definitely every gig/job/promotion I've got), has come as a result of me paying attention to someone was paying attention to me. There's a reason why successful stars always include a "Thank You" in their acceptance speech... it's the same reason why the most successful businesses give discounts to loyal customers... it's because
that's what Business Rock Stars do (Pay Attention)!

If you haven't read today's Business Rock Star Success Secret <- click here
and Stay tuned for the 3rd of 5
Secrets of How Successful Businesses…

use the same skills as Successful Rap Stars…
make customers feel the way Rock Stars make feverishly fanatical fans feel…
and get customers to view each product/service as a Priceless Master piece!


Follow us on Twitter:

Greater Hartford Arts Council @grHartfordArts
CT Business Exp @ctbexpo
RapOet @rapoet

No comments:

Post a Comment